As you prepare for a conference, you need to decide what you will pack. My preference is to make a packing list before I start, so I can plan out what will be needed – this keeps me from forgetting something important and from over packing things I don’t need. While the exact things you will need will vary based on the conference, the region of the world the conference is in, and the time of year that the conference is happening, some things stay the same.
Here is my packing list for Jamboree 2014:
- Comfortable Shoes. This can’t be understated enough – you will be doing a lot of walking, so make sure your feet are comfortable.
- Clothes. Always make sure you are prepared to dress in layers – even though it will be in the 80s this weekend at Jamboree, the conference rooms themselves can sometimes be quite cold. Having layers will keep you comfortable. I’ll be wearing more professional looking attire this year since I will be presenting all three days.
- Toiletries and Medications. Obviously, this varies from person to person, but be sure to bring the basics like a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Tech. Obviously, this also varies from person to person but I never go to a conference without my smart phone, my laptop (which I hop will one day be a tablet – so much easier!), my camera, and chargers.
- Extra bag. If you plan on doing some shopping while at the conference, an extra bag can come in handy for carrying all your goodies home.
- Itinerary and Reservation Numbers. Always good to take with you on any trip.
Are you going to Jamboree? What do you pack when you go to a conference?