June is going to be one super crazy awesomely busy month for me. Why, you ask? Well, let me give you the low down.
- First, my little (well, she isn’t really little anymore) is coming down for a week at the start of June. We are celebrating the end of another semester and she turned 21 this year. Plus, we are both graduating from college in December. Lots of things to celebrate. But why does this matter to genealogy? Well, it is simple: When my cousin comes down, the whole family will congregate together. When the family comes together, I get great family stories and a chance to get more information. Now that I have my Android phone, I can even pull up photos and documents from my DropBox app to show people. It is a great way to get conversation going and serve as an inspiration for further researcher.
- Secondly, on June 8th – 10th is the Southern California Genealogy Society’s Annual Jamboree in Burbank, California (practically in my backyard – if the 405 Freeway didn’t exist). Jamboree is one amazing weekend of learning, fun, and total socializing. This year, the ante seems to have been upped: top speakers, amazing events (like the Genealogy Idol Breakfast and the Hollywood Gala – fancy dresses, tiaras, and feather boas, oh my!), and a great exhibitor hall. Not only will I be debuting my presentation Conquering the Digital Monster on Saturday morning at 8:30 am and be on the Bloggers Summit Panel #2 at 2 pm, but I will also be working at the WikiTree booth in the exhibit hall (table 106). You should come to both of the lectures, stop by the booth, and overall track me down. Why? Because I love meeting other bloggers and I’ll be wearing both my fancy orange WikiTree shirt and a tiara. And possibly one of my prom dresses on Saturday. So yeah, you want to find me. I’m pretty easy to spot because I have the energy of an energizer bunny and I’m one of the youngest ones there.
- On June 17th, I’ll be speaking at Questing Heirs Genealogy Society in Long Beach, California at 2pm. The topic? Conquering the Paper Monster.
- On June 19th, I’ll be speaking at the Los Angeles Westside Genealogy Society in West Los Angeles, California at 7pm. Conquering the Paper Monster will once against be presented.
- Sorting through, scanning, and identifying all of the family history stuff I’ve inherited.
June is going to be one crazy awesome busy month. What do you have planned for June?