Many of you know that a few weeks ago I attended the Southern California Genealogy Society’s 42nd Annual Jamboree in Burbank, California. I had an amazing time learning new things and getting to know my fellow genealogists. Every year it also feels like a bit of a family reunion for the bloggers – many of us know each other through Facebook, Twitter, and our blogs and some of us have met in person at other conferences
One of the perks of being a Geneablogger at this conference is the Geneablogger Welcome Bags put together by Thomas MacEntee, Joan Miller, and Amy Coffin (and the help of her lovely parents). Within these bags contains items donated by genealogy vendors and companies.
Since I have neither French-Canadian or African-American ancestors, I’ve decided to give these guides away in a contest! So here is the deal:
- The winner will be able to pick ONE of the above guides (either the French-Canadian Guide or African-American Guide). The guide will be sent to the winner’s address via U.S. postal mail.
- The giveaway is only open to the United States – I know I have readers from other parts of the world but I just can’t afford the postage costs to send the item international.
- The winner will be generated by a random number generator: Random.org
- There are multiple ways to enter but an entry will only be counted if a comment is left on this post AND the action item is completed. Please leave a comment for each separate entry. You may enter a total of 4 times. If you attempt to enter more than 3 times, I will delete your extra comments.
- Tweet the following post: Check out this #genealogy giveaway by @GenealogistElys http://bit.ly/jFSJTT
- Make a comment about a lecture you would like to hear at a genealogy conference. This could be a lecture by a famous genealogy speaker or a lecture that you make up. I’m just curious as to the type of lectures people would want to hear at conferences.
- Follow this blog in your favorite RSS reader or by email. If you already follow this blog by email, then leave a comment on this post.
- Leave a comment saying which guide you would pick if you won and why. It doesn’t have to be long – a sentence or two will do.
- This is my blog and all of my decisions regarding this giveaway are final.
The contest will end on July 1st, 2011 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Good luck!